Radon Testing

Radon is a cancer causing radioactive gas. Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water and enters the home through foundation cracks, crawl spaces, sumps and other openings of the home. You cannot see radon and you cannot smell it or taste it, but it may be a problem in your home. This is because when you breathe air-containing radon, you increase your risk of getting lung cancer. The Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer. Testing is the only way to find out about your home’s radon level. The EPA and the Surgeon General recommend testing of all homes below the third floor for radon. If you find that you have high radon levels, there are relatively inexpensive ($800 to $1,000) ways to fix a radon problem. Even very high levels can be reduced to acceptable levels. Premier Home Inspection is licensed by the NRPP, we use state of the art continuous Radon monitoring devices to measure the radon levels in your home.

You can view a Radon sample report here.